General Competition Rules
These rules apply to all sweepstakes, competitions, draws, promotions or games which are offered by Toyo Tire Europe GmbH where specific game rules have not been created. Where specific rules have been published for sweepstakes, competitions, draws, promotions or games, these rules will take precedence over the general rules in the event of any conflict between the terms.
The word " Competition” used in the rules below applies to all sweepstakes, competitions, draws, promotions or games which are held by Toyo Tire Europe GmbH
A Participant is a natural person who satisfies all the entry criteria in the rules and who enters the Competition via the specified method of the Competition.
The Promoter is: Toyo Tire Europe GmbH, Halskestraße 3 – 5, 47877 Willich, Deutschland
1. Entry to the Competition can only be made if a Participant accepts all of the rules without reservation.
2. Entry to the Competition is only open to natural persons of 18 years of age or over at the time of entry.
3. The Competition will run from the dates specified in the notice of the Competition.
4. The Competition is open to citizens of European countries only. For the avoidance of doubt, Turkey and Russia are not classed as European countries for the purpose of competitions.
5. Winners will be notified within 28 of the closing date of the Competition using contact details supplied by the winner on entering the Competition. It is the responsibility of Participants to ensure the contact details they provide are accurate. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter in the event the winner cannot be contacted using the information supplied by the winner.
6. For all Competitions, winners must notify a European delivery address for their prize within 28 days of notification of their win or their prize will be forfeit. For the avoidance of doubt, notification is by Facebook page message in the event of the Competition being hosted on a Facebook page as a post. Winners of YouTube competitions will be announced on the top line of the film view page where the competition was held. In all other cases, notification will be made to the email address given upon entering the competition.
7. Prize delivery or notification of fulfillment method and timing of prize delivery, will be made within 28 days of the Promoter receiving a delivery location in Europe. To be valid, response to the promoter's notification must come from the winner who has been notified by the Promoter. No requests for fulfillment of prizes will be accepted from anyone other than the winner notified by the Promoter. In the event that no valid claim is made within 28 days of being advised, prize will be forfeit.
8. Prizes can only be delivered in Europe. In the event the winner provides a delivery address which is in Europe but outside the European Union, the Promoter will pay any customs duties or fees necessary to lawfully deliver the prize. The Promoter accepts no liability for prizes which are held by customs where demands are made for irregular documents or payments. The responsibility of the Promoter will be deemed to be fulfilled upon dispatch of the prize with a recognized international parcel carrier.
9. Competition winner is responsible for obtaining any necessary Visas or other travel documents in the event a travel prize is awarded. Promoter will not be liable in the event such documents are not obtained for whatever reason and no alternative prize will be offered.
10. Unless otherwise specified, there is a lifetime limit of one prize that can be won by any person or household.
11. In the event that the Promoter suspects that a person or a member of the same household has already won a prize, the Promoter shall be entitled to withhold any prize until satisfactory proof of identity and address has been provided. The Promoter, in its sole discretion shall decide what constitutes satisfactory proof of identity.
12. Persons living at the same address as a previous prizewinner in the Competition, shall not be entitled to be a Participant in the Competition and win any prize unless they can prove that they occupy a separate dwelling within the building.
13. Family members and employees of the Promoter, companies affiliated with the Promoter, or any persons directly or indirectly involved with the Competition, the Prize or the supply of the Prize, are not eligible to enter.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude Participants who, in their sole opinion, use incomplete and/or fake addresses and/or names and/or Social media accounts.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude entries where, in their sole opinion, the Participant has not respected, abused, manipulated, circumvented or attempted to manipulate or circumvent the Competition or its rules or where fraud is suspected.
16. Participants agree that their name, city and country of residence may be communicated in the event that a prize is awarded.
17.Participants grant the Promoter an irrevocable, free of charge license to use, store and communicate to the public the profile picture associated with the Participant’s Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or YouTube profile during the Competition and afterward. 21 days after the publication of the winners profile picture, the winner can request the removal of their image, name and location details from any social media page of the promoter. The promoter will comply with this request as soon as practicable but at the latest within 28 days of notification.
18. Where winners are not randomly selected, if, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, a unique winner cannot be identified, the final choice will be made based upon answering the Tie-breaker statement in 20 words or less. The Tie-breaker statement is:“Toyo Tires are the most exciting tires because…“ The Promoter will communicate the details of how to enter the Tie-breaker stage to any affected Participants.
19. All prizes are strictly personal and cannot be transferred to anyone else or exchanged. In the event the winner cannot lawfully claim their prize, the prize is forfeit.
20. In the unlikely event that a Prize is not available, the winner will receive a prize of equivalent value, at the Promoter’s discretion.
21. The Promoter, its employees and any parties associated with this Competition, will not be responsible for any damage caused by the delivery or use of any prize, or participation in the Competition.
22. The Promoter, its employees and any parties associated with this Competition will not be responsible for any lost or late entries by Participants resulting from events beyond the control of the Promoter, such as, but not limited to, disturbances of any kind with regard to the software, devices belonging to the Participant, network or internet connections or postal problems.
23. The Promoter does not provide any guarantee in relation to any prize that has been awarded and shall not be liable in this regard unless as a result of their Gross negligence. The Promoter is not liable for any defects in any prize, including, but not limited to, if a prize cannot be made made available or is received later than announced or if any substitute prize differs from the stated prize.
24. Any and all taxes which the Participant may become liable to because of local or other legislation on the whole or part of the value of any prize shall be borne by the Participant. The Promoter will be deemed to have fully satisfied their obligations upon dispatch of the prize by the methoid noted in clause 7 above.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to change, at its sole discretion, the rules of the Competition or to cancel the Competition. Any prizes awarded before the cancellation of the Competition will be dispatched unless fraud or other irregularity is suspected.
27.Even when using Facebook, Twitter or any other social network as the means of communication, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Google or any other social network. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter, Google or any other social network. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook, Twitter, Google or and any other social network from any claims. Entries to competitions on social media must respect the policies of those media any fully comply with any rules set by the media owners. Attention is drawn to YouTube community guidelines: http://www.youtube.com/yt/policyandsafety/en-GB/communityguidelines.html which must be afdhered to.
28. Any brand name or illustration used in the description of a Prize is used solely to accurately define that prize. No association with any other brand can be inferred unless a specific written claim is made.
29. Any issue not covered by the rules of the Competition shall be determined by the Promoter at their sole discretion.
30. In the event the Promoter elects to modify any part of the above rules for whatever reason, only the specific rule modified is affected. All other rules remain binding on all Participants.
31. It is a condition of entry that the Participant accepts that the opinion of the Promoter is final. The Participant agrees that there is no right of appeal against the opinion of the Promoter. Participants agree that they cannot challenge the Promoters decision by means of any court or other external body.
32. Entering the Competition shall be taken as proof that the Participant unconditionally agrees to abide by all of the rules of the Competition.
A competition is currently running on YouTube between December 9 and December 31 to win a choice of smartphone. Exact models offered are 32GB S6 Edge (5.1 inch display) and 16GB Apple iPhone 6S (4.7 inch display). Phone will be unlocked and winner can select any network provider in their local country.